Best Practices for Career Pathways and Credentials
This archived webinar provides specific "how-to" information for those interested in developing Career Pathways initiatives.
States and local areas across the DOL-ETA's Region 5 are developing Career Pathways models to better align education and training programs with employer needs. This archived webinar highlights two of those models to provide specific "how-to" information for others interested in developing Career Pathways initiatives. Presentations address:
- The Six Key Elements critical to successful Career Pathways models,
- State/local governmental structure to support Career Pathways models,
- Key partnerships needed to fully implement Career Pathways,
- Strategies for effectively engaging employers to inform training design and delivery, and
- How Career Pathways can integrate with and positively impact local workforce development systems.
The discussion is facilitated by Danielle Waddell, Federal Project Officer for U.S. DOL-ETA, Region 5 who is joined by:
- Annie Welch (Principal Planner, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development),
- Amy Lord (Planning Coordinator, Anoka County Job Training Center),
- Zoe Thompson, (Director, Workforce Training and Education, Kansas Department of Commerce), and
- Katie Baker (Director of One-Stop Operations, Workforce Centers of South Central Kansas).