Apprenticeship.gov to Connect Job Seekers and Employers
Apprenticeship.gov delivers on the Task Force on Apprenticeship Expansion's recommendation to "compile apprenticeship information in a single, online, centralized website."
The website will evolve into a robust one-stop platform to connect job seekers, job creators, training providers, parents, teachers, and federal and local workforce agencies with information and resources to learn more about apprenticeships, how to establish apprenticeship programs, and how to access open apprenticeship opportunities.
The U.S. Department of Labor was directed to expand access to apprenticeship opportunities to help more Americans secure family-sustaining jobs through an Executive Order which also created the Task Force on Apprenticeship Expansion to identify strategies and proposals to promote apprenticeships. The Task Force released its final report on May 10, 2018.
Apprenticeship programs utilize a learn-while-you-earn model that provides workers with a career path that includes paid on-the-job instruction, skills development, and mentorship, while providing job creators with highly skilled workers.
Please visit https://www.apprenticeship.gov to learn more.
You Might Also Like
- An Early Look at the Career Ready Internship Program
- Workforce Data Sources for Program Planners and Career Couns...
- Eligible Training Provider Provisions under WIOA and Eligibl...
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- WIOA National Convening Event Session Materials and Resource...